In 2013, the Texas Open Meeting Act was amended to specifically allow electronic communication between members of a governing body without violating the Texas Open Meeting Act, provided certain conditions were met.
- Messages are posted and viewable by the public on an on-line message board.
- Communications are displayed in real time and remain viewable for at least 30 days.
- The governmental body may have no more than one system used for this purpose.
- Is no more than one click away from the governmental body’s primary Internet Web Page.
- Maintain record of the posting for six years.
- May not vote or take action.
Additional information on HB2414 can be found here.